ORONO, Maine – The University of Maine men’s ice hockey team will drop the puck on the 2022-23 Hockey East portion of the schedule with a weekend series against #15/#17 Northeastern. Game time for both nights is scheduled for 7:05 PM.
GAME INFORMATIONGame #6: Maine Black Bears vs #15/#17 Northeastern HuskiesDATE: Friday, October 28, 2022TIME: 7:05 PM ETSITE: Alfond Arena — Orono, Maine2022-23 RECORDS: Maine 2-3-0 (0- 0-0 HE ), Northeast 3-2-1 (2-2-0 HE)
Game #7: Maine Black Bears vs #15/#17 Northeastern HuskiesDATE: Saturday, October 29, 2022TIME: 7:05 PM ETSITE: Alfond Arena — Orono, Maine
WATCH LISTENING LIVE STATS TWITTER TICKETS
About the black bears
• The Black Bears enter the 2022-23 season with 16 new faces on the roster after seeing 13 players graduate, transfer or leave to pursue professional hockey.
• 12 letter winners from the 2021-22 season return for this chapter of Maine hockey, including the four newly minted captains. Jakub Sirota will wear the ‘C’ while Lynden Breen, Ben Poisson and David Breazeale have each earned an ‘A’ on their jerseys.
• The 11 incoming freshmen and five transfers are the players added by the coaching staff, who are behind the bench in their second full season.
• Seven of the incoming student athletes are from the United States. Three new faces cross the border from Canada as a black bear from Scotland leaps across the pond.
• Justin Michaelian (Ferris State), Michael Mancinelli (Arizona State), Didrik Henbrant (Alaska-Fairbanks), Jacob Mucitelli (Clarkson) and Cole Hanson (Colgate) are the five transfers the University of Maine chose over their other offers.
About the Huskies
• Northeastern closed the 2021-22 season with a 25-13-1 record, eventually falling to #4 Western Michigan in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
• The Huskies return four of their top five scorers from 2021-22 in Aidan McDonough, Justin Hyrckowian, Gunnarwolfe Fontaine and Sam Colangelo.
• Devon Levi played in 32 games last season. The sophomore goalkeeper posted a 1.54 GAA and a serve percentage of 0.952, while winning a total of 32 games for the Huskies.
The series with Northeastern
• Maine and Northeastern faced each other 133 times prior to Friday’s game, with Maine holding an all-time series record of 56-58-19.
• The Huskies won both games in Boston last season. Ben Poisson scored a goal over the course of the two Hockey East games at the Matthews Arena.
• Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the last game in the Alfond between the Black Bears and Huskies took place on February 7, 2020. Maine won the game with a score of 4-2.